No matter where you are from, if you are an expat living in a foreign country then there is a good chance that you will need assistance in ensuring that your healthcare is well taken care of. Not only do you have to learn the ins and outs of the healthcare system of your new locale, but you also have to deal with issues like communication problems, the significant differences between the public and private healthcare sectors, and your old health insurance policies being rendered obsolete.
Why won’t your health insurance from back home cover you in a new land? Often this is because, by and large, health insurance plans are limited to a single country. This means that by moving abroad, you can no longer makes claims on your insurance plan unless you travel back home every single time you need medical assistance if you want your insurance to cover it.
So you could get a new health insurance plan when you arrive in your new home, right? That’s right, but you’re still likely to be left with a plan that only covers you in a single country, and if you’re living the usual expat lifestyle, this simply may not be enough. This is because, if you’re like many expats out there, travel is a major part of your life. Whether it’s constantly jet-setting around the globe for business, or it’s regular family vacations, the last thing that you will want to worry about if a medical emergency were to arise while abroad is how you are going to pay for treatment. This is why an international health insurance policy can be so important.
There are many great benefits to obtaining an international health insurance plan:
- Global coverage: International health insurance plans can provide you with high quality healthcare virtually anywhere in the world. With that said, coverage inside the United States generally requires a special plan, so please keep this in mind if you decide to purchase a policy.
- Customised benefits: Despite the specialised nature of international health insurance plans, there are many plans available from many different insurers. This allows you to get a plan customised to your specific needs.
- Freedom of choice: International health insurance plans allow you to choose any doctor, clinic or hospital in the world. There is no need to deal with restrictive provider networks.
- Direct billing: Just like a normal health insurance plan, insurers that provide international health insurance have direct billing options available all over the world. This can save you the hassle of having to pay for treatment up front in many places.
- Guaranteed renewability: Your international health insurance policy will grow with you. Guaranteed renewability means that you can keep your policy going, no matter your age or what medical conditions you may develop.
- Top-up plans: Many expats obtain insurance through their employers. However, sometimes they find that their plan’s benefits aren’t sufficient. Top-up plans allow you to supplement an existing policy with additional benefits.
Since 2000, Pacific Prime Insurance Brokers have been a provider of quality international health insurance to people around the world. Growing to become Asia’s largest provider of international private medical insurance, Pacific Prime covers over 200,000 people in over 130 countries. You can obtain a free online quotation or for more information please visit www.PacificPrime.com.